Mission and Vision
Our mission and vision are centered on the holistic wellness of older adults — putting their wellbeing and dignity at the forefront of all we do.
Our vision is clear: Engaging hearts, transforming lives, erasing boundaries.
We want our communities to be not just places where older adults live but places where older adults flourish. This vision is brought to life through the work of our team members and is why we’re intent on hiring the right people and providing them with professional development and wellness opportunities. We strive to create places where people are empowered and engaged and transform society’s view and value of older adults.
Our mission statement informs the work we do every day:
“Expressing our faith heritage, Elder Care Alliance is an integrated system committed to serving and enriching the holistic wellness of older adults and those who care for them through education, innovation, and a network of professionals, care communities, and partners.“
- Our faith heritage goes back more than 100 years to the origins of Mercy Retirement and Care Center. We are co-sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas West Midwest Community and the Sierra Pacific Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We were founded with a deep sense of spirituality and welcome residents no matter their religious background or beliefs.
- As an integrated system, we operate a network of communities that offer different levels of service depending on resident needs. Working as a system, we can leverage best practices to deliver high-quality services across our communities.
- We cultivate holistic wellness. Our commitment to a person-centered approach means we address all dimensions of wellness. This commitment extends to include our team members.
- As we serve our residents, we also serve those who care for them, our resident’s loved ones, the people who know them best. We encourage families and friends to spend time in our communities, and we work hand in hand with our families to focus on the care we provide.
- Our priority for team members is continuing education and professional development. Our philosophy is to hire great people, invest in them, and expect great results. Therefore, we are passionate about providing professional development opportunities at every level of the organization.
- Our commitment to innovation means we don’t rely on yesterday’s ideas about elder care. Instead, we cultivate an environment that fosters innovation and produces transformational evidence-based programs and services, striving to encourage independence and empower older adults as they age.
- We foster a culture of collaboration and learning. Success today relies on an organizational culture of collaboration coupled with strategic thinking and the development of partnerships to meet the challenges and opportunities of today and tomorrow. Our partners include MatrixCare (Answers on Demand). This integrated software platform helps our staff work seamlessly as a team to deliver high-quality care. And Hearthstone, creators of the innovative I’m Still Here® philosophy, an engagement-focused approach that serves as the cornerstone of our memory care programming.
My mother is a resident of AlmaVia of Camarillo and the staff are wonderful and treat her special. My mom loves her home there and we feel secure knowing she’s safe and well taken care of. The staff is friendly, caring and sincere.AlmaVia of Camarillo
Phenomenal place if you want good care for your loved one.Mercy Retirement & Care Center
This is the best assisted living and memory care in Ventura County. They took such loving care of my mom for almost 10 years. Thank you AlmaVia!AlmaVia of Camarillo
Where to Begin
This is a new transition and there are many things to consider. Start here to find out your options and what others have experienced before you.