Lifestyles You’ll Love
A Comfortable Lifestyle for Seniors
For seniors and their loved ones looking for senior living options, there’s a lot to consider. Comfort, security, levels of care, access to engaging programs, and the ability to participate in lifelong hobbies and activities are all important aspects of choosing the right living situation and community. For Elder Care Alliance communities, these things are just as important to us.
No detail is too small when it comes to making sure your home feels like home. Here are a few of the things our potential and soon-to-be residents in assisted living often ask about:
All four of the Elder Care Alliance assisted living communities offer nutritious, delicious dining options in beautifully appointed, restaurant-style dining rooms. Well-balanced snacks and beverages are provided throughout the day. We also offer private dining spaces for residents to enjoy a meal or event with family and friends.
Elder Care Alliance communities’ culinary service teams create menus that emphasize taste, quality and freshness – and focus on lean protein, whole grains, vegetables and fruit. In addition, a registered dietician manages and supports our dining programs across all communities. Our residents eat well, along with having the proper assistance if needed. We also accommodate residents with special dietary needs.
Although each Elder Care Alliance community reflects the neighborhood in which it’s situated, they all offer home-like amenities to support quality of life. Without the worries of home maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation, residents are free to enjoy their senior days surrounded by caring staff and new friends.
Amenities offered at our assisted living communities include:
- Spacious private apartments and rooms
- Access to courtyards, walking paths and lovely, manicured grounds
- Comfortable living rooms and sitting areas
- Cozy gathering rooms to socialize with friends, visiting relatives or other residents
- Well-stocked libraries and computer rooms
- Transportation to appointments, shopping, sightseeing and entertainment
- Non-denominational chapels
- 24-hour staff
- Night security
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry services
- Paid utilities (except telephone and cable)
- Pets, with some restrictions
Each of our communities offers a full calendar of lively programming and activities to appeal to varying tastes and interests, including:
- Opportunities for learning and discussion
- Varied physical fitness groups and wellness activities
- Trips to local museums, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Art therapy classes
- Live performances
- Intergenerational experiences, bringing all ages together
- Religious services and groups
- Variety of activities developed in response to resident requests
Spiritual Life, Prayer, Meditation and Worship
In Elder Care Alliance assisted living communities, spiritual wellness is about finding alignment between our values and our actions, connecting to our purpose and finding meaning in life. We’re dedicated to meeting the spiritual needs of all residents, no matter their beliefs.
Each community has at least one staff member dedicated to spiritual care and offers space for nondenominational prayer, meditation and worship. Additionally, our Care Coordination Program partners with local religious congregations and dioceses to ensure their community members have access to long-term health and wellness planning services.
Home is a place where you feel secure. It’s a place where people care about you. It’s a place that enables you to be your best. When home is an Elder Care Alliance assisted living community, it means outstanding care grounded in our belief in holistic wellness: nurturing all aspects of a resident’s experience – in support of a full and complete life, regardless of the level of independence or support needed.
Throughout our communities, you’ll see how all dimensions of wellness are encouraged and nurtured. We offer residents enriching opportunities for a vibrant, engaged life through groups, classes, cultural experiences, lifelong learning, opportunities to volunteer and programs promoting healthy habits.
Our person-centered approach to holistic wellness focuses on all aspects of wellness, including:
- Physical wellness - Maintaining a healthy diet, sleeping well and remaining active.
- Emotional wellness - Understanding one’s self and fostering healthy relationships that empower us to deal with life’s challenges.
- Intellectual wellness - Maintaining creativity, being open to new ideas and continuing to learn.
- Social wellness - Creating and maintaining meaningful personal connections, a sense of belonging and a well-established support system.
- Vocational wellness - Putting unique talents and passions to work in maintaining a sense of purpose and accomplishing new goals.
- Environmental wellness: Living in harmony with the environment, having a conscious relationship with the surrounding world and creating positive environments.
- Spiritual wellness: Finding alignment between our values and our actions, connecting to our purpose and finding meaning in life.
To learn more about Elder Care Alliance’s senior living options, contact us.
For Your Reading List: New Book Explores An Approach to Art Therapy Rooted In Elder Autonomy & Collaboration.
Based on pioneering research conducted in partnership with Elder Care Alliance, the newly released book “Art Therapy With Older Adults: Connected & Empowered” outlines a framework for art therapy with older adults rooted in a belief in the autonomy and self-efficacy of older adults, including those with dementia or other diseases of later life. The…
From Our Blog
You just shared the holidays with mom and dad and you are concerned – you noticed they are having a difficult time getting around, their apartment is a mess, and while you can’t put your finger on it, they just don’t seem as “with it” as they have in the past. It may be time…
No Posts Found.