Come See Us
A Philosophy of Wellness at Elder Care Alliance
We strive to provide services that treat every resident like an individual, focusing on each aspect of his or her unique needs. Our person-centered approach to holistic wellness focuses on all aspects of wellness.
Physical wellness includes maintaining a healthy diet, sleeping well and remaining active. In our communities, staff members manage medications, help control chronic health conditions and support keeping residents healthy.
Some of our physical wellness services include:
- Group exercise classes
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping and more
- Delicious, nutritious meals in restaurant-style and private dining rooms
- Onsite beauty salons to keep residents feeling their very best
- Assistance with daily tasks to empower residents to remain as independent as possible
- At Mercy Retirement & Care Center, we offer speech, physical and occupational therapy
Emotional wellness is the ability to understand one's self and foster healthy relationships that empower us to deal with life’s challenges. Our communities offer a variety of services to help residents manage stress, build self-esteem and maintain a positive attitude.
Such activities include:
- Allowing pets on campus to serve as supportive companions
- Hosting support groups
- Providing a 24-hour call system
- Offering computers and Wi-Fi, so residents can maintain communication with loved ones
Intellectual health is tied to maintaining creativity, being open to new ideas and continuing to learn. Elder Care Alliance provides a variety of resources that allow residents to stretch their minds and discover new things every day.
These resources include:
- Extensive libraries with magnifying equipment
- Access to computers and Wi-Fi
- Trips to cultural and entertainment events
- Onsite life enrichment programming
Social wellness is the ability to create and maintain meaningful personal connections, a sense of belonging and a well-established support system. As we age, our risk of becoming isolated increases. Seniors who are lonely are more likely to be depressed, experience mobility problems and suffer other health complications. We take pride in helping our residents form new friendships and strengthen existing bonds.
We offer a variety of opportunities to strengthen social connections:
- A comprehensive program of activities to foster relationships and socialization
- Trips to local sporting and entertainment events
- Chances to interact with staff and members of the surrounding community
Vocational wellness means having opportunities to put our unique talents and passions to work in maintaining a sense of purpose and accomplishing new goals. One way we do this is by providing opportunities to meet new people through volunteering.
Here are just a few examples of the types of volunteer programs we offer our residents:
- Baking dog treats for the local SPCA
- Making blankets for premature infants born at a local hospital
- Distributing food to senior citizens in need in Alameda county through the Mercy Brown Bag Program
Environmental wellness involves living in harmony with the environment, having a conscious relationship with the surrounding world and creating positive environments.
We strive to create communities that offer comfortable homes for seniors. Each community has outdoor living spaces designed to support connection with the outside environment.
An art therapist with Elder Care Alliance will present her research on seniors and technology at an upcoming international conference. The event, the Thirteenth International Conference on Technology, Knowledge & Society, will take place May 26 at Canada’s University of Toronto. Dr. Erin Partridge was selected to present her findings, which focused on how nonverbal…
From Our Blog
As the leaves begin to change to welcome the fall season, AlmaVia of San Rafael has planned a number of enticing activities. On Wednesday, Oct. 4, we’re excited to present “Mama Mia AlmaVia!” This Italian-themed “Sip and Savor” event features beverages, food and desserts with an Italian flair. Attendees can enjoy the vocal stylings of…
Join Us for a 4-Part Education Series on Alzheimer’s & Other Dementias. Learn how to utilize dementia-specific communication methods to both overcome challenging behaviors and create positive emotional connections.